Lilly at a glance
- A heritage of nearly 140 years: founded on May 10, 1876
- Headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A.
- Approximately 41,000 employees worldwide
- Approximately 2,800 employees in the UK, across four sites
- 7th largest investor in R&D in the UK within the pharmaceutical sector*
- 27th largest investor in R&D in the UK across all sectors, which makes the company amongst the ten largest American investors in R&D in Britain*
- Over £110m invested into our Erl Wood R&D facility in the past decade.
- Clinical research conducted in more than 55 countries
- Manufacturing plants located in 13 countries
- Products marketed in 125 countries
*Department for Business, 2010 R&D Scoreboard